View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #14778
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0y02369 View Post
How's everyone liking the ABS option on this bike? Seems like not many people like it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
I'm surprised by that. I find the ABS to be very good.

It's not intrusive; I can leave it on when riding off pavement and it's not given me any nasty surprises so far. It works well when it does kick in.

If it's down to a vote then I'm giving it a positive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
In a word, fantastic. Works seamlessly. Just got back from a 3-day 625 mile trip with about a hundred miles of dirt roads. Never switched it off, never bothered me. More and more riders are finding that unless the terrain is really steep or they're trying to trailride the damn thing, the ABS works just fine on loose surfaces.

I have talked to GS riders that always switch theirs off, so I am gathering that the Triumph abs unit must work exceptionally well.

I hear my rear tire chattering all the time but never bothers, only assures.

EDIT: BTW, I think all the bikes shipped to NA have ABS, so it's probably a moot point. Also btw, it's easy to switch off at the instrument panel, a little fiddly with the menus 'till you learn where everything is and how to get there, but nothing too complicated.

I totally agree, the ABS works very well on or off road. Have never turned mine off and never felt the need. My wife and I went on a 4 day dual sport ride and it included LOTS of steep, loose, rocky climbs and descents and I never once felt the ABS do anything but slow and stop the bike predictably. Too many people have been conditioned for too many years to expect scary, dangerous ABS systems from BMW on loose surfaces. Yamaha have an excellent ABS system on the Tenere and the system on the Tiger just works. I don't even think about anymore, I just ride.

It was the ABS's fault, really

bross screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 10:06 AM
bross is offline   Reply With Quote