Thread: Lance Armstrong
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #577
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcyclist View Post
Apparently you do give something more than a rats ass with your unreasoned ramblings about the proceedings resulting in a sociopathic cheat being given his just penalty.

A coupla points to ponder:
1. The statute of limitations is not applicable due to the serial nature of the program and the fact that it went on into the past two years. The SofL is based upon the date of the end of violations. Besides that, there is the racketeering nature of the violations that makes the SofL void.

2. Since you don't race and probably don't know anybody that does race at that level, the cheating by LA's team and all those around it, has no affect on your life. For racers that did or do race and chose not to dope, these F*CKING CHEATERS stole their opportunity to compete at the highest levels of bike racing. Imagine if you knew you had the talent to race with these guys but weren't willing to cheat to do it. You'd probably go back to racing in the US like many of my friends or take up another sport like others. I know several guys that were rockstars here but couldn't make it in Europe. These were guys that competed well stateside with the guys implicated in the "Reasoned Decision".

So when you say this is an unfair process, you're absolutely full of shit. The unfairness of it started in the 90's...
bullshit... it's been awhile but I used to race. used to put in 6k+ miles per year training. not claiming to know it all, but do claim to have cycled my fair share.

again ... have long passed caring if Lance cheated or not .. that might have been the issue 10-12 years ago. but good grief the crap USADA dug out happened some 12 years ago. ALL the riders involved are either retired or getting ready to. what part of statue of limitations do you not understand?

again ... it's the process and all the millions $$$ of our taxpayer dollars spent for this horseshit. for what??? who or what did it serve?

if you think USADA's process if fair, then you also think throwing folk in jail for pot is fair and the war on drugs is $$$ millions well spent. which by the way you have not answered???

to justify USADA's spending 10 million dollars a year? this bullshit about cleaning up the sport is total horseshit. what cleaned it up with tighter testing and advancing technologies. NOT anything USADA did 10+ years after the fact.
_cy_ is online now   Reply With Quote