View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #162
ADVNCW
Banned

Oddometer: 341
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
Well, I've owned plenty of RFS bikes too, and XRs going back to the 1970's, CRF's now... race prepped both kinds too.

IMHO, I do like the RFS bikes but they don't hold up as well as the Honda's. I've seen too many cast pistons crumble and output shafts sheer off to believe in KTM reliability. I think they have a great platform, but the QC just isn't there as it is in Japan.

Seems reasonable, I appreciate what you posted. Thanks. I guess one accepts one or the other limitation...

I agree with many that I would like to see a dualsport Honda 300cc to 500 cc at around 270lbs, a motorcycle that one can ride trail terrain on.

A flash in the pan high-performance disposable motorcycle that lasts like 5 minutes compared to something like a Honda. Or, get a Honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki and ride it hard every day for a decade or more, not excessive maintenance/ rebuilding, does the job well enough (unless one has some need to fulfill with that $10k investment for a few seconds faster). Does that performance margin really matter if one is not racing- myself and lots of folks I talk to know that a eg Honda etc riding with a KTM is not just left behind recreationally, very reasonable if one has sober consideration, self-confidence, ego control...

Most folks understand the score. Some, particularly KTM blowhard punks (not to be confused with fine citizens who ride excellent KTM motorcycles), just sound like they are compensating for something else missing in their life. This Honda blowhard just does not want to accept the illogic and bullshit of blowhard punks who do not want to allow others to have an opinion, preference, or enjoy their choice. WTF- like some religious fanaticism these KTM blowhards (again, not to be confused with fine KTM owners who post here, a couple of friends of mine, very good folks, reasonable, not bullies). Some asshole that blows $10k for some small ego satisfaction measured in a few faster seconds perhaps feels superior in his mind, but doe not realize how little he really matters to the world...

Looking at the XT225 thread just now, I do not see so much of the KTM blowhard punks (not to be confused with fine citizens who ride excellent KTM motorcycles) inserting themselves. Perhaps it is just an attack-Honda thing? There is a posting there of a guy stating that he likes riding steep ground and does it better up and down on his TW200, and it does it better than his 525EXC! ANd I did not notice these punks hanging around dissing Honda going after that...

If someone wants to ride a TW200 across the northern tier or around the world, or a scooter, KLR650, whatever their choice, and they like it and talk about it, great.

I agree with many that I would like to see a dualsport Honda 300cc to 500 cc at around 270lbs, a motorcycle that one can ride trail terrain on.

ADVNCW screwed with this post 10-24-2012 at 12:09 PM
ADVNCW is offline   Reply With Quote