View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #14789
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
I'm surprised by that. I find the ABS to be very good.

It's not intrusive; I can leave it on when riding off pavement and it's not given me any nasty surprises so far. It works well when it does kick in.

If it's down to a vote then I'm giving it a positive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
In a word, fantastic. Works seamlessly. Just got back from a 3-day 625 mile trip with about a hundred miles of dirt roads. Never switched it off, never bothered me. More and more riders are finding that unless the terrain is really steep or they're trying to trailride the damn thing, the ABS works just fine on loose surfaces.

I have talked to GS riders that always switch theirs off, so I am gathering that the Triumph abs unit must work exceptionally well.

I hear my rear tire chattering all the time but never bothers, only assures.

EDIT: BTW, I think all the bikes shipped to NA have ABS, so it's probably a moot point. Also btw, it's easy to switch off at the instrument panel, a little fiddly with the menus 'till you learn where everything is and how to get there, but nothing too complicated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
The ABS works very very well. Personally, I'd just rather NOT have it as it's just added complexity I don't want or need but when it works, it works very well.

Oh great thanks guys! I have jus spent three hours at the dealership and have learned a lot about the bike but their answers always seem "by the book" so it's nice to have some real input from the actual owners...what actually happens when the rear wheel locks... how does the abs kick it and how does it feel?
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote