View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #164
ADVNCW
Banned

Oddometer: 341
Thumb Good thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
I am odd, and do not want Honda to build a KTM type race bike, but I wish they built a good light mid sized street biased dual sport like the SL350 used to be.
A smooth 350 twin that makes enough power for real street use, a nice seat that would fit two adults, lower weight and seat height, and around 7 or 8 inches of suspension.
No, not a water cooled motocross looking bike, not a 500+ pound street bike with dual sport tires, just a general purpose long lasting practical mid size bike that is happy on the road or in the dirt, no 36 inch seat height, no plastic frames, crappy seats, 1/2 quart of oil, radiators hanging off the bike.
Yep, I know what you are saying. That rebuilt red Transalp on Flea Market appeals to what you say. I am tempted for that, but have to reorient to reality that it is 2013 and for what I want (CDR, WABDR) there are better choices.

A motorcycle to enjoy everyday does not have to have max HP and max suspension- just enough would do it. One can ride nearly anything on a decent motorcycle, while the elite race bikes do just a couple of things well... for a limited time!

My little dog 230L carries me everywhere, sometimes I do it better than the $$ well-respected rides, sometimes frustrating eg on the open highway for very far. But my Honda starts EVERY TIME, maintenence is not that much, repair is rare especially since trail riding several thousand miles even gnarly mountain terrain I have dropped the (easy!) little dog 230L now...twice If I saw in reality what the blowhards post, I would NEED to go get the $9k motorcycle that lasts 5 minutes...but I have a great time on a Honda, 7000 miles since May on all terrain, highway, traveling, dirt roads.

ADVNCW screwed with this post 10-24-2012 at 11:55 AM
ADVNCW is offline   Reply With Quote