View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #6063
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,334
Any interest in carb adapters for the newer-style FCR MX carbs? I used one of Noss' universal FCR adapters on my 650R with a 39mm FCR off a late-model CRF450 and it ripped, but the adapter dimensions weren't quite right. So we're going to have them make some custom adapters for the XR650R and the XR650L. I don't have a 650R anymore, but my buddy James wants one and I need to have some 650L adapters made for these bikes. Figured we might as well make them available. His regular universal adapters cost $65, so am guessing these will probably be a little bit more expensive, but can't imagine they'll end up costing any more than $80. It's pretty easy to find good deals on used FCR MX carbs ($300?) because there are so many of them out there (being used on virtually all of the modern 450cc motorcross bikes). So this can be a relatively low-cost upgrade, and the performance is flat-out awesome. Fitment is also pretty straightforward. There are no clearance issues, so this is literally a bolt-in deal and you can even use the stock FCR throttle cables and twist-grip (stock CRF cables are perfect length with aftermarket tripleclamps and taller bars).

We're definitely going to make the XR650R and XR650L adapters, and I have all the dimensions for the XR600 adapters, but I'd like to know if there's any demand for an XR600 version before we shell-out a bunch of money. So please shoot me a PM if you want one!

jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote