View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #149
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Garvin View Post
Just found this thread through the internets and really appreciate the feedback you've all done.
I'm also in Colorado and facing a bonding process. I have two questions:

1. I purchased the bike in New York while working in the area. It has not been registered since 1982. Would I be able to use the original notarized bill of sale from the seller in New York?

2. It's yet another 200cc 1966 scooter, so I would NOT have to do any type of vin verification?

3. The check would be for $44 + the 6% of the $725 I paid (43.50) - $87.50 total?

Thanks in advance guys!
FG
I went through the Colorado bonded title in 2003 or 04. It was on an out of state purchase where the Minnesota title was lost in the mail (actually mailed to a bad address.) The only documents I had were a fax copy of the original title and a bill of sale.

Had I been able to track down the seller, he could have gotten a duplicate for me but he moved. It involved verifying the VIN at the big cop shop at Camp West George in Golden, buying the bond from a specialized insurance company then getting the title at the main state DMV offices, not the local offices. It was relatively easy except for the bad attitude of the very nasty state cop doing the inspection. It took some running around and the bond was maybe $100 or so based on the value of the bike.

That was eight or nine years ago so things may have changed. Good luck
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote