View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #86
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,229
Very relaxing in a time of need...

I am currently going through an estate dispursement from HELL... due to the recent passing of my father. I've spent numerous long nights in senseless heated discussions with my siblings over the most insignificant of details. Luckily I've been able to escape to the serenity of this thread for some relaxation and mental reboot.

I've been fortunate in having access to a Nikon D5100 and set it up in my topcase for a ride into the Wildomar wilderness. This is an area outside of Temecula in Southern California. I did a ride report mixing photos from the Nikon, a Panasonic point and shoot... and my IPhone during mulitple occasions to complete a ride report.

Honestly, it humbled me to a greater distance between myself and those others who are so truly talented.

My main problem ( or excuse) is that once I get my feet situated on the pegs of my bike... it's so damn hard to stop and set up for photos. I had two lenses and that was nearly overload in itself. The D5100 was great to play around with but I ended up relying so much on the presets and bringing a small tripod ended up being additionally complicated. And I realized first hand that it's not the tool as much as it's the toolsmith.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=814182

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 10-26-2012 at 12:23 AM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote