View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #776
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
Penmerrylfarm:

I drove up to Skyline, too. I arrived to find a disapproving officer glaring at me as if he knew what I was up to. Last I checked the Nurburgring entry fee was $25. So for the $10 entry fee for a road that is not quite as well known I would expect to be able to ride at least at 75% of race pace. :) In retrospect, I believe the severe border patrol agent's glare bestowed upon yours truly was a warning. At the time I most naively interpreted it as a challenge (muhuhaahaa). As soon as I was out of sight I opened the Panigale up, knowing I was within earshot still. I just love to play cat an mouse!

I don't think he thought it was as fun as I thought, as he blew by me (and was going well over the speed limit) while I was parked on the side of the road taking pictures. He continued to go up and down skyline and every time I saw him I waved. :)

Now I have to admit that I do have a lot of respect for the law. And I intended to ride skyline with caution and regard. But from the look the aforementioned ranger gave me I was already guilty for having brought a missle into the park, so what the hell.

AntiHero screwed with this post 10-26-2012 at 10:44 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote