View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #6156
offworlder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFS View Post
Stock headlight is garbage, and useless. Had mine for 3 years, but never rode at night, this summer I started too, and realized it for the hazard it was. Too easy to get over your head with a light that's only good for 40 kms per hour or so...
I went through 2 bulbs myself, and rather quickly although I just wrote it off as poor judgement by KTM by putting a bulb and system in the bike that is not "quality", and is there strictly for show.

The solution?

For my was the Lynx kit from Britannia Composites. Great (awesome) lighting and a functional, adjustable windscreen all in one. It costs money, but allows you to ride at night with confidence, to see better, and to be seen better as well by oncoming.
MFS
Agree that the stocker sucks (2012 is supposed to be better, similar to the 08 "E"), but I digress. I do know Ian (Brittania composites), and the Lynx is a great product.

Nonetheless, while I may go with a 3rd party lighting system at some point, I dont ride at night, and simply want to figure out why the stocker is shorting....

Thanks.
offworlder is offline   Reply With Quote