View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #88
nedodjija
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaLink View Post
Tested one. Liked it but I purchased an 08 Speed Triple with Arrows for a great deal. Two years ago, about. May keep it.

Like the looks the uniqueness. It's been reliable (yes, a Triumph reliable). Sound. Ooohs and aaahs and I don't see one ten times a day.

But I miss that fear, the "whoa that was stupid" sensation. I'm responsible and knock on aluminum every day remember not to get to casual riding a weapon on the street. But admittedly I want to ride and be scared. Just sometimes, ha. Realized 99% of my rides are solo and under 2 hours. I've owned R1 and ZX9R before but the midrange lure of the CBR1000RR is attractive for the backroad twisties. And the marketing and 20+hp of the BMW are nice but I'd like to stay away from riding at 10,000 rpm all day long.
I just got an older Speed Triple and that thing has plenty of power for me. My have clip-ons so I feel extra fast. Maybe you just want to get a set of clip-ons if you still have the triple. Or just go and get whatever you think it will blow your clothes off as you ride it!