View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #3785
PacificPT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 980
Earlier this year tried the Jardines RT4 exhaust on the bike but was unhappy with the volume even with the quiet insert. Rode it one time then took it off and put the stock unit back on. Had a chance this weekend to look at it with the idea of making it quieter. Took one steel wool pad and pushed it into the spark arrestor then took multiple pieces of fine mesh wire fencing and filled the rest and used it to hold the steel wool in place. Sound is now acceptable to me, much deeper than the stock but not loud. Jetting seems spot on with the .22 cent mod. I tried it with three steel wool pads but that was too much, backed up sounding, tried two but one was the magic number. Will keep checking to see if the steel wool holds together or not. With the new exhaust and the Li-ion battery you deduct about 17 pounds from the pig. Now I need to do my part and deduct 17 pounds from me!

There's roads and there's roads and they call, can't you hear it? Roads of the earth and roads of the spirit. The best roads of all are the ones that aren't certain. One of those is where you'll find me till they drop the big curtain. Bruce Cockburn
PacificPT is offline   Reply With Quote