View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
Capt_phun OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
First & foremost, thanks to everyone who has ordered a set of the straps.

You can still PM me as I may make some extras with this order. If there is enough interest from members I may run another batch in the future, after I finish this order & figure out prices vs time vs shipping costs so if you bought straps this time, you probably got them as inexpensively as I can make them. I forgot to factor in paypal fees so I am already taking a hit but I was doing this more for fun & to share these with fellow Stromtroopers.

Also a final word on the straps. A need a disclaimer the wifey tells me :fineprint:
They are built with webbing rated for around 600 pounds breaking strength & plastic buckles. I have had a the 45L box loaded with 6 tall 22oz bottles of beer, camping gear, & a bag of wet laundry lashed to the top of the box & had no issues at all. The straps are mighty strong, but don't try to use them to pull a pick-up truck out of the mud. :headbang:
Also I am using my boxes as the model for making the straps & the red-line for quick installation reference points. I am hopeful are boxes our assembled the same, but due to manufacturing differences, the red-line might not end up exactly in the buckle cam. Again, the redline is just a handy reference point. I'm making a youtube instructional video & you'll see how they go on.

Also, these are your straps, cut them to any length you want but the way I have them set up makes having them long work best. If you do cut them, make sure you take a lighter to the tag ends so the webbing doesn't fray.

If you think of something you want done to your straps PM me & let me know. I can also sew things on to them or make some kind of changes as you want. My friends that have seen them think they look super pro and want me to do this for more kinds of boxes. I tell them I just want to ride my motorcycle.

Thanks again,
dan :yesnod:

Capt_phun screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 05:25 AM
Capt_phun is offline   Reply With Quote