View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #5555
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 9,061
Early days rocksmith for PC review.

Game itself......Not bad. Decent selection of songs IMO stock, and they are the actual songs not someone covering them. Kind of guitar hero taken to it's logical conclusion.

Difficulty... ramps up a little too quickly for me. Maybe not possible to have it any other way when using actual chords and notes that match up with a real song though. And I suck. Really badly. Could use a little more info on the actual fingering it wants you to do. It does that with chords, but single notes it just kind of leaves you to do whatever.

Interface. Sucks ass. But I haven't met a game in years that I liked the interface for. for those used to console type interfaces, probably not that big of a deal. You have to check and re-check your guitars tuning before every song. In 3 days I haven't had to adjust it and I've been playing probably 4 hours a day. Having said that, the actual tuning and re-tuning from standard to drop-d is easily accomplished and sounds right once it's done. For some reason you can fail out of the riff repeater. But not actually performing the song.

Bass emulation: works quite well as far as I can tell. Bass arrangements are quite a bit easier(so far) than the guitar arrangements.

multiplayer: haven't tried it yet. I believe you are supposed to be able to plug in a second guitar or bass and play split screen. No idea about networked playing.

4 sore, blistered, uncalloused fingers out of 5