View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #117
gumshoe4 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
So the latest on the BV is that I took it back to the dealer so they could replace the defective speedometer and the cracked right rear turn signal (AGAIN). Dropped the bike off a week ago last Friday. Last Tuesday or so, I got a call that the bike was ready to be picked up, but I couldn't get to it until Friday, so they agreed to hold it until then.

A day or two later, the service guy called again and said that the new speedo was now acting up and they didn't know what was wrong. He said they would look things over and get back to me.

Last Saturday, I went to the dealer and spoke briefly with the service guy, who was busy doing something else. He said that they did not order another speedometer, because that did not appear to be the problem; instead, they're now checking the bike's wiring to see if there is a short somewhere.

I expressed concern that these problems were occurring on a brand new bike. The service guy said he'd call when they had a chance to look it over.

So there you go. I'm beginning to wonder if I need to invoke the Lemon Law....really quite annoyed with the BV and with Piaggio right now...

gumshoe4 screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 02:51 PM
gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote