View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #14827
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Breeze View Post
Seems like my Tiger XC wants to constantly pull to the right. It never really bothered me on day rides.....but, just completed a 3k mile ride to the Ozarks (which has fantastic twisties by the way) and when slabbing it home to South Texas, it became a PIA.

In other words, while going 70-80 mph down the highway, if you take your hands off the bars......the bike will start to drift to the right. Which means I'm constantly having to push forward on the left bar (with light pressure)....or pull back on the right bar....(i.e., counter steering) to keep the bike going straight.

I love this bike, but would really like to resolve this issue.

Does everyones Tiger do this? Is there a fix?

Thanks!
Mine doesn't do this unless you consider the crown in the road. Most lanes will slope slightly to the right for drainage even if they appear to be flat. I don't take my hands off the bars, usually but when I owned a BMW R1200RT with cruise control, I used to set the cruise, put my feet up on the highway pegs, lean back with my hands off the bars and try to just cruise down the road. It was pretty bloody amazing how much body english it took to keep the damn bike going straight. So much so that I would just give up the calisthenics and place one hand or one finger is all it took to make simple corrections to the bars to keep the bike running straight.

Check your front end alignment and rear wheel alignment to make sure both wheels are running true and in line.
bross is online now   Reply With Quote