View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #14832
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiganDaft View Post
It's from a company in South Africa called "Aerotrim".
www.aerotrim.co.za.
Very easy to fit.
I found that although I didn't have any buffeting, I did have a lot of wind noise, now, it is very quiet.
FWIW, I bought this and put it on my tiger. It was $90 shipped from the US distributor and the guy shipped it out quickly. I am 5'9" and have my seat in the high position. This went on a std. screen. Wind turbulence was reduced quite a lot. Big difference in the force on the helmet when turning to check for a clear lane at 70mph +. Noise is still a little high but with ear plugs it's tolerable. Different helmets can make a big difference in noise so I see curing the turbulence as a little more universal. Using Arai RX-Q fwiw.

I have a modified low position that I use for the summer and when just commuting which gives me pretty clean air but for the highway and/or cooler weather I prefer more wind blockage and this aerotrim piece is a significant improvement over just the std. screen and its also better than the high triumph screen IMO.

I bought an adjustable mount for the std screen which should be here shortly and hopefully I can fine tune things a little more.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote