View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #14834
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Breeze View Post
Seems like my Tiger XC wants to constantly pull to the right. It never really bothered me on day rides.....but, just completed a 3k mile ride to the Ozarks (which has fantastic twisties by the way) and when slabbing it home to South Texas, it became a PIA.

In other words, while going 70-80 mph down the highway, if you take your hands off the bars......the bike will start to drift to the right. Which means I'm constantly having to push forward on the left bar (with light pressure)....or pull back on the right bar....(i.e., counter steering) to keep the bike going straight.

I love this bike, but would really like to resolve this issue.

Does everyones Tiger do this? Is there a fix?

Thanks!
A pull to the right means the front wheel is too far to the right, and needs to move left in respect to the hub. Using 1/4 turns of the spoke wrench, loosen all the spokes on the "from" side, then tighten all the spokes on the "to" side. Test ride, and repeat if condition still exists. This may take a half dozen or more iterations to get right, but doing it in small steps mitigates the possibility of putting the wheel out of true.

Doing this fixed my "right pull" issue; the bike now tracks straight as an arrow on level ground with hands off bars.