View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #66
jwalters OP
Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer: 2,044
Back home and back to putz'n on the XRR. Just finished up a bunch of small jobs. I bought a CRF450 mudguard to keep some of the spray off the rear shock. I didn't like the existing mounting points into the soft plastic on the back side of the airbox so I made some new holes and custom fit the CRF mud flap on the XRR. From my KTM 990 experience, I know you have to be careful those plastic mud guards don't slowly eat into the soft aluminum on the swinger, but I have good clearance all around on the gaurd.

Bolted on a new 50T rear sprocket, new chain and new front sprocket. I slapped some anti-seize on the chain adjuster bolts and had to make some minor cuts to the white plastic side covers to get them to fit around the new sub-frame rack. All in all, just a bunch of little fitment issues expected with any new piece of kit. I won't have my Renazco seat for a few more weeks, but my spare seat is doing just fine for around the woods.

All I can say is, this bike is awesome!!!! The 50T rear sprocket really wakes it up too. I might have to shim the needles a bit on the carbs, because the new FMF header along with the cooler temps seems to be causing the bike to run a bit lean. I'll have plenty of time to dial it in over the long winter. For now I want to get some miles on it, and re-torque the important bits. This winter I might powder coat the rims black, install a speedo and radiator fan. We'll see, I have too many other projects to get going on! Thanks for tuning in, I'm saying this bike is officially DONE!

Proliferator of Farkles of Mass Percussion

jwalters screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 05:17 PM
jwalters is offline   Reply With Quote