View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #24580
SilverBullet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by southy View Post
Sweet looking bike but looks to me more like in the range of the KTM500EXC or Husky TE511, big arse enduro bikes with high revving over square high maintenance engines. Doesn't look like it will do long K's well...
Exactly, nice plated dirt bike but not a dual sport. Lofty price tag and still no fuel injection? Now some will chime in that they prefer carb'd bikes still but really FI is now and the future. Why a manufacturer in 2013 would hold back from this says something about their technology to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Ace View Post
2qts oil, one in the motor and one in the trans. the trans. is seperate so you don't get any cross contamination..
Actually only 800ml each side or 27 ounces. That's not much engine oil so I'd suspect oil changes every 1,000 miles or less. The split crankcase system didn't work out so great for KTM, I hope Beta did a better job with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcuvator View Post
Looks very nice, George at Uptite let the Husky brand go for Beta, so they couldn't be too bad. He's all excited over them.
Not really how it went down but nevertheless he is selling them. That's a big plus for Beta owners.

_
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote