View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #48328
absoluteclint
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Well the XRL club just added one member over the weekend! I've been trying to trade/sell my fourwheeler for quite a while now and finally made a deal over the weekend for an even swap on a 2002 XR650L! Bike is strong and running well. I'll try to get a pic soon.

I now need to know some of your opinions on a few mods I hope to take care of soon. The only mod thus far has been the removal of about 20 ugly-ass stickers! I know alot of this has probably already been discussed on here... Maybe you could direct me to the pages/links so I don't have to sort through thousands of posts. I know procycle.com is a great site... any others?

#1 - Rear turn signals. One of them is missing... this a priority mod so I can get it tagged. What are the aftermarket options in this department? Hoping to have a little more streamlined/tighter look than the factory blinkers.
#2 - Tires. The tires on it now are in good shape but are street tires. I'm hoping for something that's 60%dirt / 40%street that doesn't break the bank.
#3 - Rack. Which rear rack are you all most happy with? My intentions are nothing more than soft luggage and maybe a fuel cell... Later on I might want to acquire soft saddle bags.
#4 - Gas Tank - Don't need the safari size. Is Clarke 4.7 the only/best option?

Lastly... Any common/inexpensive ways to lighten 'er up?

I'm sure there'll be more mods but this should get me started. THANKS... Looking forward to riding!!
absoluteclint is online now   Reply With Quote