View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #253
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman View Post
Not it at all.

It's all about their "MC" and how it's "respected." Most aren't into that at all, but some are. There's even a local group of riders on Meetup.com who require "members" to go to an orientation ride, where they learn to ride close together and how to clock intersections from cars so the group stays together. Unshockingly, it was started by some cruiser riders. They really don't know any other way, but as mentioned, it's a small percentage of HD riders, who just happen to be highly visible.

That said, the whole HD lifestyle rider deal is too stupid for words.
Back to loud pipes, I can't agree this is a small minority, but it encompasses not only HD riders but all cruiser addicts. I very rarely find a cruiser with reasonably loud pipes. These guys seem to be in a contest with each other to be more offensive than the other.

As to the percentage of HD riders who do the bunch up and ride as a pack, I can't say. I do think they harm our image in general. As silly as it may seem to we riders, I doubt Joe Citizen differentiates between an HD pack and me on my dual sport single 650.