View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #517
Precis
Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsubmariner View Post
Thanks Britt. Yeah I saw, and took a screen grab, of a list someone made. CBR rectifier, solder connectors w/shrink tube, straight stand, center stand (getting it anyway to help derust rims), tourances, metal fuel connectors, etc. I got some work to put in. Be handy if/when I purchase it and post pics, someone in the forum says "Hey! That's (insert name here) bike." Then I might find some of that list crossed off already. How many yellow Caponords are there? I googled "yellow caponord" (with quotes) and only the bike I'm looking to purchase comes up. Be sweet to talk to the former owner. I'm sure the dealer won't tell me much...
Yep, I recall seeing the yellow one on the AF1 forum a while back - if you trundle through the "Show me your Caponord" thread, you'll likely find it.
My memory's not great (which is why I have my name on my helmet....) but I recall that bike as being "sorted" in terms of most of the fixes & upgrades.
But there are always more farkles to be had!
And you could do better than Tourances too: the new Anakees seem to be the tyres of choice if you don't ride muchany dirt.
My original Tourances got shredded in short order, so I fitted Heidenau K60s which are more dirt-worthy - and gave THREE times the mileage of the Tourances; I'm on my second set, with a third pair ready to go on.
My wife rides a Capo too and she has Conti Trail Attacks, which are giving great mileage and are very good on sealed roads, but despite their name, utterly useless in mud, sand & gravel.

So, did you get it yet?