View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #40
celticus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloADV View Post
I've owned a R1200R for about 6k miles of riding and traveling. Great bike. Boring...? Compared to other naked bike options, most definitely. A Monster 1100, a Speed Triple,....those are its naked-bike brethren. And the choice becomes clear...if I have to tolerate the wind blast from a naked bike, that bike needs to be a hooligan.

The R1200R is nice, don't get me wrong. It's nice, like your elderly aunt is nice.

Can someone please more closely define for me what is boring about an R1200R? I don’t want to argue but I want to know what you find boring. I’ve owned mine since 2006 and the bike will keep up with Ducati Monsters (850? Only one I’ve tried) and Triumph 1050 Tigers just fine. All while wearing the big boring hard bags. I believe I was carrying the discarded cold weather the Duck rider had no more use for. By boring do you mean practical? I’ve never ridden a Triumph hooligan bike but I think I’d like it. I’ve looked at other bikes (never ridden) but for one reason or other (fuel capacity, camping, gear capacity, rear seat for the wife) always just bought a new farkle for the R and stayed with it. It could be that I am just boring and so the R suits me just fine. I would however love to have an R with the gold plated upside down front forks.
Mark
celticus is offline   Reply With Quote