View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
TonyBKK OP
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 842
Completing immigration and customs on the Lao side took a LONG time but fortunately ALMOST everyone kept their cool

Arriving Customs and Immigration in Laos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvTSS...feature=relmfu

Nobody seemed to care that we rode our bikes across the bridge which was cool. We had to go to the office of the Customs boss to get our forms signed but he was friendly and his office was nice and cool. (It was a hot day and we were wearing full gear).

After we cleared Immigration and Customs and bought the basic required insurance Brian took Tim to pick up the rental bike from Fuark while Rob and I made straight for the hotel and got pretty lost. Thank goodness I had the GT Rider Laos map or I don't know how long it would have taken us to find the Metropole.

I can imagine that back in the day this was a fine hotel, but presently it's in rather sorry state and at 800 baht (~US$27) a complete rip off compared to other options in Vientiane. But it's in a good location and has secure off street parking for the bikes.
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote