View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 04:10 AM   #7
Leaf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
It's going to have a velorex 520 attached to it for dog hauling duty. I won't carry big weight till the mounts are sorted out. The CB is all original but not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. It's a 9 out of 10 for condition. Basically a time machine.
I have a 562 on my CB400 Twin. Even though it's a light hack, the forks don't rebound properly anymore after being continually subjected to the cornering forces caused by the hack. It also seems to be eating through speedometer cables really fast for some reason, but I am not sure if that's related to the hack-imposed forces or not.

I'm not saying don't do it, but I agree with MotoJ that it may cause significant additional wear and tear, which might be a shame on a still-decent machine that is probably pretty hard to find decent pit-free fork tubes for these days. :3

I made a bracket on the footpeg mount for my lower rear mount, that brings the eye bolt out past the exhaust. As a result, the lower rear mount is not square, rather it points forward and up, but it seems to be working ok so far. The mount gets in the way of the footpeg a little, which was annoying at first, but I no longer notice it.

Leaf screwed with this post 11-01-2012 at 04:19 AM
Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote