View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #14867
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post
This will probably get moved to the regional area....

Hello to all Tiger Riders!
For the past 10 years, Ive ridden 120K on road bikes (primarily on Honda ST1300s) and I was constantly turning around every time the pavement ended.

Well a 2011 800XC followed me home about a year ago and has nagged me continuously for all kinds of upgrades and add-ons.

But during this farklefest, I was able to put on a respectable 12k of mixed pavement, gravel and two track miles. All the non-paved riding was completely new to me (having never been off pavement on a bike before). Fumbling through some of the more technical sections on the WABDR I can see why a lighter DS is preferred. But I made it! No drops! No crashes! (I know.I wasnt really pushing myself right?) What I like best about the XC is its a fantastic road bike that keeps going when the tarmac stops.

So the question to my fellow Tiger riders is where and when to meet?
The proposal is this:
The Tigers gather at the Deshutes River Campground. Its easy to get to, not completely rustic (running water, vault toilets, showers), gas and restaurants are close by.
Sometime in May or June we gather for a Thursday-Sunday campout. The later we make it the less snow well find in the mountains.
There is a multitude of rides with in a 100 mile radius. Two-track, forest service and twisty paved can all be ridden nearby.

Chime in..
Who wants to hookup?
Im in!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote