Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #25882
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce View Post
when I was a all weather rider, if it was windy or cold I wore leggings with my bike shorts and a gortex windbreaker that had armpit vents, and a PVC+Nylon rain suit with rain pants if it was raining hard. I ran fenders on my road and mtn bikes and commuted with one or another year around.

in the 70s, those leggings were black wool. I'm sure they have something microfleece now.
1. In the nasties, fenders rawk
2. PVC has been replaced by Gore Tex
3. Wool (merino specifically) is making a huge comeback. Most of my cycling socks are now merino. Got some new arm and knee warmers that're merino but haven't worn em yet.

I'm one of those guys that likes knickers and knee warmers over tights and leg warmers. I just get too hot too quickly. S'why I hardly wear my Assos 851 jacket. With just a base layer, its good to go to the range.

Missed a ride yesterday. At the time I was getting motivated, my little brother sez he needs a ride to the airport. Oh well. The up side is that I found my Castelli gloves that I thought I'd driven off, leaving em on top of the car. Only paid $20 for em, but that's $40-50 I didn't have to spend to replace em.

M