Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #25886
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,730
I seriously thought about going with the chinese version. I ordered a MJ-808E from a US dealer though. It cost more, but some guys I ride with some talked me into going with the US version. That said, I am excited to be able to keep riding during the "winter". It really isn't that cold here, but getting dark by 6 PM, when I can not get to the trail before 5:30 would other wise end my riding until the spring.

Oh, I ordered mine on Tuesday from some place in Illinois. The tracking number says it should be here tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce View Post
the chinese ebay vendor took 5 days to get around to actually dropping mine into the HK Post. :-/

I figure 10 more days before I see it.

did some more reading. these are apparently clones of the MagicShine MJ-808E, which is a $80 Chinese XR-L based light. The 'original' has a multicolor LED in the switch that shows charge state, while these $35 ones just go from green to red, and the original has a tempered glass lens, these clones have a thinner regular glass lens (but I'm replacing mine with http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wide-Angle-L...-/280752532003 asap...).
RxZ is online now   Reply With Quote