View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #18946
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
I could meet you along the route. Been thinking of getting some SM wheels for the SE making it an SE/ADV/SM/ST

Actually,

Now that I will be traveling back and forth to TN on a regular basis, I am considering a sport-touring motorcycle. I test rode a Honda ST1300, an FJR 1300, and also a 1600 Gold Wing. By far, I liked the Honda ST the best. I hated the Gold Wing, although it handled amazingly well.

What I liked about the ST was linear power, good wind protection, decent handling, and less vibration cruising at 80 mph than even the Gold Wing.

Any of you bitches have lots of miles on different sport tourers that can throw a dog in this fight?
I have 72,16xx miles on my 03 ST1300 with 1 warranty issue. It handles like a big CBR, 45 mpg lifetime avg, zero maintenance. Every once in a while I think I ought to sell it but then I get on it & that smooth V4 makes me recant. For long rides, an Airhawk is your friend. No chicken strips on this bird...

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote