View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #397
DHawthorne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Nice beads Hawthorne. Is your seat black or gray? It looks black in the picture but I thought the 89s had gray seats? My Corbin is cooler than the stock seat because of the cross hatch material.
Yes,
Itís Black. It was a bright Sunny day and the colors are washed out slightly but it is a nice rich black in person.

It was real easy to make this one. I put the perimeter cord in place FIRST and then cut the extra bead off. I went out a couple rows from where I wanted it to be once done and worked my way back to the perimeter cording. This left me long enough ends to tie off and trim. The original stringing was done with monofilament. I used two pairs of pliers to pul the knots super tight and then trimmed and tucked the knots inside the beads. Pretty self evident how to do it once you start.

I have ridden with it on these past few days and it does cool you off a bit too much this time of year. I think it would be great for summer and then swap it out for an Alaskan sheep skin for the cooler months.

Cheers,
Darrel
DHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote