Well I have worked w/glass in the past so it isn't too much of a stretch. Same concepts just different materials. I need to work on my waste though. I used more CF than I needed to for this because I didn't measure appropriately. That is alright as I need to make spacers for the bolts. I probably over did this piece. I used 3 sheets of CF 6 oz, 1 sheet Kevlar, 2 sheets CF, 1 sheet Kevlar and then 3 more sheets of CF. So 10 sheets total w/HTE. I wanted to make sure it was super strong so it can support a rotopax or what ever I put on it.
I have to get everything done by Jan as I am leaving MD for 9 months as I travel the US for my med school rotations and I plan on taking the bike with me. Will be the best time I have in the near future to ride all over the place while having a hub I can return to.