View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
JerryH OP
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoe4 View Post
I think changing the stator out would be something beyond my admittedly limited skillset.

I agree, though, Jerry, the VN750 is a pretty user-friendly machine. I'm also 6', but weigh 250, yet never really felt that the bike was suffering under my size. Mine had Plexifairing III, which worked well on it. I never toured with mine, but I think it would make a very decent touring bike for a solo rider, averaging about 50 mpg-although I would not want to run up the Interstate on it for hours a time...I think the bike would do fine, but I might not...

And yes, I do have some photos. Here's one taken at China Wall, near Foresthill, California.

Is that an '02? Looks exactly like mine color wise. I have the Kawasaki extended backrest and luggage rack, so I can carry a T-bag, I also have the Kawasaki bolt on saddlebag mounts/turn signal relocator brackets, and the bolt on hard leather saddlebags sold by Kawasaki. I am using a Memphis Shades Shooter windshield, which works fine. I had a taller Harley style windshield, but the helmet buffeting and high speed instability were so bad I had to get rid of it.

Mine is a CA model, and I removed all the emissions crap from it, including the evap system and air injection system. There were enough parts and hoses to fill a 5 gallon bucket. I also relocated the horns under the air filter housings, fabricated a bracket, and installed a leather tool bag below the headlight, where the horns had been. I also replaced the amber turn signal lenses with clear, with amber bulbs, eliminated the clunky looking license plate holder and light, and a few other cosmetic modifications. I have a removeable Protac backrest. I have taken 2 week trips on this bike, averaging 500-600 miles per day. I have done 2 SS1000s on it. Most of it's 74,000 miles have been at freeway speeds.

Yes I have a camera, I just have to get out and take some pictures. I will get that done soon.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote