jackd OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday Rider View Post
Here is a link to the Automobile Protection Assoc. with winter tire reviews:

http://www.apa.ca/tire_wintertireratings.asp

A Canadian site
That is a very good link and probably has all the info that I need to make my choice. I gave it a cursory look and I was pleased to see that it gave Goodyear Nordics a place near the bottom. After having had the crap scared out of me by their rubber on this vehicle, I went for Michelin and discovered a safer, high wearing driving experience - I will never use their products again. I've had good experience with Toyo's as well.

Will someone clarify this: Is BF Goodrich a second tier brand owned by Michelin? There's a statement to that effect under their Winter Slalom listing. If that is the case, I might find myself springing for a set of Blizzaks or possibly Toyo Observes. Rocer10 - I think that you hit my driving conditions on the head with the 2 snowfall/high rainfall description. My return to the Island on Tuesday coincided with a rainfall warning and the forecast was right for once... The wipers were on high and there was lots of standing water on the highway - the Michelins came through with flying colours - I'd have hated to have seen what the Goodyears would have done.
jackd is online now   Reply With Quote