View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #27
ride4321 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
Ignition switch wiring help?

To all you electrical guru's out there. I just got my new ignition switch in the mail. Good fit and should work fine once I figure out which wires to hook up. The plug is different on the new one but both use 5 wires. I'll have to cut and splice the old plug on the new switch.

The old switch has a separate wire and a 4 wire plug. The separate wire is black with white stripe. The 4 wires in the other plug are red, brown (green stripe), green and black.

The new switch has a 5 wire plug. Colors are green (2), brown, red, black with white stripe.

I'm guessing the black (white stripe) on each connect, same with the brown and red. That leaves 2 green on the new and the green and brown/green on the old. Would both of those be grounds? Here's how it's labeled on the old switch schematic.

Brown-Bat(2?) can't read the number
Red -Bat(1?) can't read the number
Black-Bat(3?) can't read the number
Green-E(ngine)
B/W-IG(nition)

On the new switch (for a 50cc Spree) the wiring diagram only shows 4 wires even though there are 5 wires on the switch. The schematic labels them...

Black-Battery
B/W-Ignition
Green-E(ngine?) There are two green wires but only one mentioned and shown in the drawing
Red-BA1

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits

ride4321 screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 02:15 PM
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote