View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #132
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
Oh I don't know. Scooters in his country are used for daily transportation and are much more prevalent than they are here. he worked in a scooter shop and did scooter tests for a publication. So I give his opinion a little creedence. Just my humble opinion.
Handling is a somewhat subjective matter. It is dependant on the rider as well as the bike.

For example, I have had the chance to ride two bikes that most consider very good handling bikes, the Yamaha R6 and Honda RC51. I wasn't impressed with either one. I thought the RC51 steered like a truck Maybe the fact that I rode it right after riding my R1100GS had something to do with that impression since the GS had much lighter steering than most sport bikes. Had I been riding another sport bike, maybe my impression of the RC51 would have been different.

If a bunch of riders compared the Scarabeo 500 to the SW, I am sure that some would prefer the SW, and some the Scarabeo. In the end it comes down to personal preferences, how those riders ride, and what they were used to.

I once did a test ride on a Kawasaki EX500. I was NOT impressed. A couple of years later I rode another one. I loved it, bought it and put 66,000 miles on it. What was different between my first test ride and the second on? I have no idea.

Ever notice that when two magazines compare the same bikes, they often come up with different results?

klaviator screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 08:29 AM
klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote