View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
GSL OP
Team Big Wheel

Oddometer: 1,739
We went to Ecuador Freedom's web page and signed up for the 6-day ADVenture tour, which was the longest tour that still allowed for a 200cc bike (for Jen). It turns out, the guys at Freedom will also let the 200cc bike go on the longer 10 day tour, and I should've just asked ahead of time. But really, 6 straight days of off-road is what we wanted and turned out to be a real winner!

We also scheduled 2 days in Quito on the front end and on the back end, for R&R away from work. Quito is the capital of Ecuador, with a couple million people, and sits up high in the Andes, above 9000 feet.

I friended the owners of Ecuador Freedom on Facebook, a few months before our trip. And by the time the trip rolled around, had a pretty good feeling that we had made a good choice to go with a guided tour. In fact, even before we left Colorado, I felt like we were just going somewhere to go for a ride with old friends. They literally picked us up at the airport at midnight on the day of our arrival and we were doing shots in the parking lot within 15 minutes.

Day 1 in Quito was a Sunday, and the city

pretty much shuts down for the street market

music

kids

dancing

and bicycling...
IBA #10979 - Member COHVCO - Member CMTRA - Lifetime Member Blue Ribbon Coalition - Member NMOHVA - Member NCTR
My picture site
GSL is offline   Reply With Quote