View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #817
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
That night I got a message from inmate NitroRoo asking if I'd be interested in dinner. His messages to me didn't seem to indicate he was an axe murderer, so off I was. Very good call. His wife is from Venezuela and I was treated to homemade Empanadas! Like an ass, though, I didn't think about taking a picture of the baskets of 'em she made. Got to meet his whole family (their kids and his parents) and, in addition to the great food got to enjoy an evening of great conversation. Muchas gracias, amigo!

Spent an uneventful Halloween in Columbia, SC. Well, almost an uneventful Halloween. On the way I stopped to grab a bite to eat and saw this nondescript looking deli called Groucho's. I've had a lot of meals on this trip--and a lot of sandwiches. And this one stands out among my top 5 meals (ok, maybe top 6). But definitely the best sandwich I've eaten thus far. If you're ever even close (looks like they're only in NC and SC), pay these guys a visit. http://www.grouchos.com/ These guys deliver a death blow to any other franchised sandwich shop in the world.

AntiHero screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 12:19 PM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote