View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #511
JimmyTheHog OP
Low Speed Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
gas tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicheveranywaycan View Post

i pray that the fuel tank won't cost me my arm!! Are you planning the peacock to be at lowest point of the tank or ? Will the tank be capable of withstanding drop-down abuse like the ims tank?

Too soon to swag a price.

yes - the petcocks will be on the lowest points towards the front - one on each side with a crossover tube and qd for quick removal.

i am definitely in market for fuel tank and clearly i shall put off my plan to purchase this which is cheapest big tank i could find on the market for the 86-03 model. The plastic design sounds like the tank might be a bit lighter than this one.

Edit: One quick question- would the designed tank change the setting of stock seat? I already have day-long seat and would hate to not use it

yes - i plan to make it fit with a stock sportster seat. The base of the tank will have the same basic shape as the storz tracker tank which does work with a stock seat. I started with a stock seat on mine, with some small mods. Then went to a corbin that is moulded around the tank for a nice fit. Either one should work. .

JimmyTheHog screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 03:57 PM
JimmyTheHog is offline   Reply With Quote