View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #3253
Land
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,825
When I woke up last Sunday morning at the No Clever Name Rally in Langston, Alabama, Eggy was nowhere to be found -- until I went down to the remains of Saturday night's fire. There was Eggy, passed out.

I suggested to Eggy that a swim to sober up might be a good idea.

Then Eggy took a nap while I broke camp.

We left No Clever Name headed for my house in South Carolina.

Eggy wanted to stop in Fort Payne, AL.

See Eggy hangin' with Randy?

We were riding with Phideaux, and he suggested that we check out the railroad turntable in Summerville, GA.

A sign said something about keeping hands and arms out of the fence. Eggy said, "I don't have hands or arms," and trespassed.

After we said goodbye to Phideaux in Dalton, GA (Eggy cried), we went over Fort Mountain. Eggy wanted to stop at an overlook to check out the fall colors in the Cohutta Mountains. It was pretty socked in, unfortunately.

We stopped in Royston, GA, but the museum wasn't open. Eggy was disappointed -- despite my earlier warnings that it wouldn't be open.

We got to my home in Abbeville, SC, Sunday evening.

I had to work all week. Eggy didn't.

Eggy went for a motorcycle ride.

And a Jeep ride.

On Halloween, Eggy dressed up as a knight. He borrowed the costume from a Sir William of Plaimeaux. Apparently, Sir William's friends call him Plaimeaux Bill.

Eggy also went for a ride with a new buddy he made. The guy is named Dean, and, supposedly, is a longtime member of some super-cool Adventure group.

Eggy rounded out the week with a canoe trip.

Then we hit the road ...
Land is offline   Reply With Quote