View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #81
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
You're a bad researcher. Even my Wife knows that KTM's come from the dealer needing a re-jet and a gear change and She doesn't ride. Next time you need a bike, I'll do some research for you.
Disagree. KTM works hard to market their bikes as "ready to race" and veterans on here familiar with the "intense maintenance schedule as compared to a daily driving cage" are used to that and often will honestly say they did nothing to their bike that made it 800 hours before a rebuild, because in their minds "the known fixes" (as hilighted by the "whiners" ) and regular maintenance are considered "nothing". BUT it isn't that obvious to a newbie.

At least cut Jim some slack - of course it's great to know how to work on your own bike, but it isn't crazy for the busy person with $ to think that the dealer should know what to do and be able to take care of it for you.

By the way, MY WIFE knows KTM only uses carbs in their rally bikes and that they were still running them in the Moroccan rally. Maybe she could do some research for you?

rickypanecatyl screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 01:49 AM
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote