View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 02:26 AM   #142
JamesK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Well, I'm another NEO convert, love the helmet, having put on about 15,000 miles on it so far and after having suffered with the C3, which unfortunately couldn't do a damn thing right for me.

A problem I've found and I which I suspect might be due to the fact that the NEO shield opens from the side rather than the center is that the Pinlock has started "leaking". By this I mean because of the torque on the shield when opening/closing from the LHS with the use of the little tab the seal on the Pinlock is being compromised thus in wet/cold conditions you get some fogging occurring b/w the shield and the Pinlock. This of course is quite annoying and dangerous since the only way to wipe the fog away is by removing the Pinlock.

Having in the past (a few years ago) used a FogCity insert and it working flawlessly I have recently purchased one again. Unfortunately it looks like FogCity went on the cheap and instead of a solid insert they now sell some crappy piece of really thin film which plain does not work, at least not how the original used to. This think film, whilst not directly fogging up gets really blurry and quite distracting.

So I'm hoping to hear some WOTL on what others have done with regards to Pinlock or FogCity or whatever other solution to help keep the fogging problem at bay.
Since the Pinlock works ok when it works I have thought of maybe using some silicone, think double-sided tape or glue to make the Pinlock stay sealed based on the principle the FogCity insert uses. Has anyone tried this and if yes, what were your results?
Any other ideas/suggestions?

If you see my bike on a trailer call 911

TBA 904, IBA 27221

JamesK screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 08:33 AM
JamesK is offline   Reply With Quote