View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #10
Starbuck21
Manly scooterist!

Oddometer: 149
In May I traded in my 2009 KLR 650 for a 2012 Silver Wing. Boy do I know what you are feeling! Anyway, the KLR was a great bike just not for my use. It was too high and too heavy for any serious off-road use, for me. I have Trail 90's if I want to thrash them off-road and then pick them up w/o help The KLR did OK on road but was not meant for touring and therefore not all that comfortable. I got my KLR in August 2011 and put less than 2500 miles on it. Since buying the Silver Wing in May I have nearly 4000 miles on it! I took a week long trip from Arizona to Yosemite and back nearly 1700 miles and it was GREAT! The Wing is smooth and powerful and with the fuel injection can sail over the highest mountains flawless; went over 10K on the Yosemite trip. Why would anyone NOT want ABS? The storage is great too.

I have not ridden the 400 Burgman but have a friend that got his Iron Butt certification on one!!! So it must do OK!!!

Anyway to summarize, at 60 years old (me) the Wing is perfect for me! I have ridden many bikes since 1969; and am very happy with the big Honda! I think you will like the maxi-scooter idea. Check out the Burgman's, Honda and even the new BMW and make sure it "fits" YOU. Good luck. Oh and my Yosemite trip write up is in the DayTripper section and was late August or early Sept.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824559
1974 CT90

Starbuck21 screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 05:18 AM
Starbuck21 is offline   Reply With Quote