View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #101
travlin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
This is a nice loop.
Leave Beckley south on rte. 19 to Shady Spring and turn left toward Hinton on rte.3. Follow 3 through Hinton, and continue on 3 to Gap Mills. You have to stop there and visit the Cheese and More Store and their bakery across the road. Grab some of their excellent cheese along with a bag of pepperoni rolls, but stash them for later because a good lunch is just over the mountain at the Swinging Bridge. http://www.theswingingbridge.com/ To get to Paint Bank from Gap Mills you'll need to turn right heading south on rte.311 and go across Peters Mountain. Leaving Paint Bank pick up state rte. 600 west which is next door to the Swinging Bridge. This is a nice ride up Stony Creek, and you may see some buffalo grazing in the fields along the roadside. This will bring you rte. 460 where you'll head west to Princeton. At Princeton you can either head up I-77 to Beckley or jump off at the Camp Creek exit and follow 19 back to Beckley. This is an approximate 175 mile loop.