View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #275
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 19,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by keetmanaa View Post
KUDOS!
Just what I was looking for to prepare for a trip my son and I will make to the area this October.
Great job!

Thanks
Glad it proved useful! I try to help the next guy as far as planning goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achesley View Post
I don't know how I miss your report back in March but have super enjoyed reading it the last few days. Makes me want to go back, but, of course, in the winter, on the KLR. And, not in, June on a BMW R11GS. In fact a ranger stopped me on any ore road and asked me to get back on the main roads being as I'm riding solo and, as it was out of season and they didn''t patrol those roads much in the Summer and if I had a problem, I would probably be dead before they found me. I thanked him and did so.
Thanks Andy! It certainly is a great area to visit - even several times. Good advice about not riding alone in the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetmanaa View Post
Your outstanding thread, that included a description of your ride down Pinto Canyon, got us to include it on our motorcycle trip to Big Bend country a week ago. We rode our V-Stroms from the Marfa side to Ruidoso and had a ball (once we dropped our tire pressure to 28 psi).
Thanks for the info and photos.
Thanks! I'm glad you had a great trip and got to enjoy Pinto Canyon. There is so much great stuff to see and experience in that area. I probably need to get back down there myself.

Cannonshot screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 07:25 PM
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote