View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #16356
ferals5
f5eral

Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen View Post
Winter brings less riding & more tuning. One of the last annoying things on “my precious” is the layout of the rectifier under the headlight. Moving it on the place of the horn is frequent although it doesnŽt IMHO save the show at all. It still destroys the clean classical lines and looks again somehow strange on that place. Me no likey.
I was looking on other bikes and their rectifiers recently but I still have no satisfactory solution. IŽd like to hide it somewhere it the under-seat area... Any suggestions or experience?

BTW this is the weirdest locations I have seen: BMW F800 engine “cooled” rectifier .

I moved my dakar VR from under seat/ behind engine to out in the breeze on the side of the engine. Much more betterer voltage regulator dumps heat much more efficiently.

You can see it on the right side of engine . Not sure where I'd move the scrambler one to. Sometimes I think it sticks out like dogs balls but then I forget all about it when riding

ferals5 screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 05:42 PM Reason: don't know left from right ;-)
ferals5 is online now   Reply With Quote