View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
To me, one of the stupidest things ever is to put a tach on a small thumper or two stroke. I have no idea why the Japanese insist on adding one. It isn't exactly a superbike. It doesn't make enough power to hurt itself or you. So it doesn't need a tach.

None of my current thumpers have a tach and only one previous thumper had a tach. So I have no idea what the red line is on any of my bikes much less whether I ride at, near or over it. I shift when the power drops off or it quits reving the way God meant for us to ride.

If you are worried about reving a little one lunger, don't. Run it like you stole it. Rebuild the top end when it gets tired. Then run it hard some more.
I know where redline is on my thumpers, it is quite easy to determine without a tach. It comes right before the waaah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah sound.

Justin Barcia illustrates:

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote