View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #30
windmill OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
Sorry I couldn't make it today, guys.

V-Strom's a pretty tough rig. I ran mine off the toad a few times and never more that a broken mirror or a scratched fairing.

Who dat with the 1100 rescue rig? Must be Jay, right?
It was an adventure.

It was an amazing piece of luck that the Glen and his rig survived with only a few bumps and scrapes. It was a 45 degree slope, no rocks or trees where he went down, just vine maple, that acted almost like a net.
I was cutting with an ax, and Mr. Cob was using his chain saw while being belayed by rope.

You cant see it in my pictures, but it was actually a 2 pull recovery, Jay with his electric winch, and Daves rope puller tied off to another rig. I steered the rig as it came up, and Glen was pulling me up.

It went fairly smoothly, it was a bit of work to clear a path, and Jay had to do some trouble shooting to get the electric winch working. Hopefully some other folks will post pictures and video.

There was only about an inch of snow, inclines modest ,the roads in decent condition, and most of the rigs were on street tires, I think only Dave and I had more aggressive tires, and Jay was running regular car tires, Nobody was having any issues with traction. Glen has the OE tires on his Storm, and being a new rig pilot, it sounds like he just found the limits of traction for sport tires.

I have a rope puller, but I'm pricing electric winches.

windmill screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 11:08 PM
windmill is offline   Reply With Quote