View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #55066
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
it's raining pretty good here..wonder how Doc Earl and scribes ride is goin?
It wasn't half bad, actually. The day started out pretty warm, just a few sprinkles. We met up at 7 a.m., cruised a buncha dirt roads that I'd never been on before, which is all of them, and then ended up in Frog Bayou. That was a fun trail. Earl kept telling me about some ill-fated GS ride out there, and frankly I would not want to be on a big bigger than a 610 on that track, but we made it, problemo.

Crappy cell-phone shot of Earl making quick work of the same hill where a bunch of GS's got hung up this summer, or so he told me. I got to get my good camera out there, the area is beautiful.

We hit the falls, nice area.

It was actually a nice day. The light rain kept the dust down and the riff-raff at home, so we had the woods almost to ourselves. We even took a shot at some of the OHV trails over on Mills Creek. That was a mistake.

That red clay had already turned to snot, and it was only going to get worse. So we high tailed it out of there, had some lunch and cruised Highway 16 home in a cold rain. All in all, a very good day.