View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #26
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 193
@Commuter Boy: Actually Telus is a HPSA network and it supports GSM. Has done for over 3 years now. I don't know what LTE is but my current Samsung Galaxy S (the first rev) supports all of these bands.

@Tat2: You are correct, they now charge $35 to unlock a phone. It was $50 when I last checked. My old phone could not be unlocked by a 3rd party and it turns out Telus cannot unlock it either! This one was a Samsung SCH-A885 which was a pretend "smart" phone that was actually quite dumb. So unless I want to enable it on the Telus network and I don't it's trash. Pretty sad because the phone was hardly used and still works as a phone quite well. Most of the included apps were full of bugs they never fixed so I gave up on it for the Galaxy S I have now.

The Galaxy CAN be unlocked however so the next step is to find out if it is cheaper to just get a "burn" phone from WallyWorld down in the US or just get a prepay SIMM from AT&T or Verizon or ???

Anyway, I've taken this thread way off topic now. It's more like "making a CDN phone useful in the US"! Sorry bout that!
Happy Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote